Sibel Ayşıl Özkan
Date and Place of Birth :12.10.1964; ANTAKYA-TURKEY
Marital Status :Married, one child
Current Position :Professor of Analytical Chemistry
Address :Ankara University Faculty of Pharmacy
Department of Analytical Chemistry, 06100 Tandogan, Ankara, Turkey
Tel :+90 312 2238243
Fax :+90 312 2238243
Mobile :+90 533 8183635
Bachelor Degree :Ankara University- Faculty of Pharmacy, Turkey (1985)
Master’s Degree :Ankara University, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of
Analytical Chemistry, Turkey (1988)
PhD Degree :Ankara University, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of
Analytical Chemistry, Turkey (1994)
Associate Professor Degree :Ankara University, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of
Analytical Chemistry, Turkey (1997)
Full Professor Degree :Ankara University, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of
Analytical Chemistry, Turkey (2003)
Foreign Language: English (Advanced speaking and writing)
Electrochemistry, LC Methods, Drug Analysis in Dosage forms and Biological Samples, Electrochemical Biosensors, DNA Biosensors, Enzyme Biosensors, Spectrophotometry in drug assay, Chiral Separation, Method Development and Validation
EUROPEAN ADMINISTRATIVE CHARGES
EDQM: European Farmacopeia expert in Group CST (Chromatographic Separation Techniques) (2015- )
EuCheMS Division of Analytical Chemistry Membership (2015-)
POST DOCTORAL STUDIES
• 1986 -Ankara University, Pharmacy Faculty
• September-December 1995 Research Scientist (worked with Prof. JM. KAUFFMANN) ULB, Brussels- BELGIUM
• October-December 1996 Research Scientist, (worked with Prof. JM KAUFFMANN), ULB, Brussels- BELGIUM
MEMBERSHIPS OF SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITIES
2016- Cogent Chemistry Editor
2014- Current Pharmaceutical Analysis Regional Editor
2013- Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis Editorial Board Membership
2011- The Open Chemical and Biomedical Methods Journal Editorial Board Membership
2011- Journal of Analytical Methods in Chemistry Editorial Board Membership
2010- Talanta Editorial Board Membership
2010 Current Drug Therapy Editorial Board Membership
2009- Global Journal of Analytical Chemistry Editorial Board Membership
2008- The Open Analytical Chemistry Journal Editorial Board Membership
2004-2008 Journal of Hacettepe University, Faculty of Pharmacy Editorial Board Membership
2003- Chromatographia Editorial Board Membership
2000-2002; 2004- Fabad Editorial Board Membership
2012- Journal of Analytical and Pharmaceutical Chemistry Editorial Board Membership
2012- The Open Chemical and Biomedical Methods Journal Editorial Board Membership
EDITORAL/ VICE EDITORIAL MEMBERSHIP
• SPRINGER, Chromatographia editor, “Application of Separation Techniques in Turkey”, Guest Editor, 2007.
• SPRINGER, Chromatographia editor, “New Developments for the Sensitive and Validated Drug Analysis Using Chromatographic Methods” Guest Editor, 2012.
• BENTHAM SCIENCE PUBLISHERS, Combinatorial Chemistry & High Throughput Screening, “Present applications of analytical methods: prospects for high throughput screening of pharmaceutically active compounds (3 parts)”, Guest Editor, 2010.
• BENTHAM SCIENCE PUBLISHERS, The Open Chemical and Biomedical Methods Journal, “Nanosized Analytical Devices for Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Applications”, Guest Editor, 2010.
• HINDAWI PUBLISHING CORPORATION, Chromatography Research International “Analytical Method Development and Validation of Pharmaceutical Analysis Using Chromatographic Techniques”, Guest Editor, 2012
• HINDAWI PUBLISHING CORPORATION, Journal of Analytical Methods In Chemistry: Editorial Board Membership, 2011- .
• UK Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biosciences Editorial Board, 2013- .
• BENTHAM SCIENCE PUBLISHERS, Current Drug Therapy, Recent Development On Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms: Development, Applicability, Bioequivalence-Bioavailability, New Assay Methods and Their Validations, Guest Editor, 2015.
• BENTHAM SCINCE PUBLISHERS, Current Pharmaceutical Analysis, Advances in Drug Analysis - New Analytical Technologies and their Applications, Guest Editor, 2016
• BENTHAM SCINCE PUBLISHERS, Current Medicinal Chemistry, Advances in Medicinal Chemistry from Analytical Perspectives, Guest Editor, 2017.
• BENTHAM SCINCE PUBLISHERS, Current Analytical Chemistry Current Analytical Techniques and Applications in Pharmaceutical Analysis", Guest Editor, 2017.
• Turkish Pharmacists Association
• Ankara Chamber of Pharmacists
• Turkish Chemistry Association
• FABAD (The Society of Pharmaceutical Sciences)
• Ankara University Scientific Support Award, 2003.
• Turkish Pharmaceutical Associaton, Academy of Pharmacy Science Award, 2008.
• Ord. Prof. Dr. İlhami Cıvaoğlu Poster Presentation Award, 9. International Electrochemistry Meeting, Sevinç Tunçağıl, Mehmet Gumustas, Burçin Bozal, Bengi Uslu, Sibel A. Özkan, Electrochemical Behavior of Epirubicin at Boron-Doped Diamond Electrode and Its Determination in the Presence of Surfactants, 2011.
• Best Oral Presentation Award Sevinc Kurbanoglu, Carmen C. Mayorga-Martinez, Mariana Medina, Lourdes Rivas, Sibel A. Ozkan, Arben Merkoçi “Electrochemical nanobiosensors for the dual catalytic/inhibition based biosensing of methimazole and catechol” at the 2nd International Conference on Analytical Chemistry. Analytical Chemistry for a Better Life. Targoviste, September 17-21, 2014.
• Best Poster Award Mehmet Gumustas, Gokce Cosgun Abbasoglu, Sibel A. Ozkan “A comparative determination study of repaglinide by HPLC, UPLC and electrochemical methods” at the 2nd International Conference on Analytical Chemistry. Analytical Chemistry for a Better Life. Targoviste, September 17-21, 2014.
• Best Oral Presentation Award, Sevinc Kurbanoglu, Lourdes Rivas, Sibel A. Ozkan, Arben Merkoçi, A dual electrochemical nanobiosensor for the inhibition based detection of captopril and catechol.3rd International Conference on Analytical Chemistry. Analytical Chemistry for a Better Life. August 27-31, 2016, Yaş, Romania.
• Best Poster Award, Separation of Enantiomers of Butoxamine Using Polysaccharide Based Chiral Columns with Emphasis on Enantiomer Elution Order, Mehmet Gumustas Sibel A. Ozkan, Bezhan Chankvetadze, 10th Aegean Analytical Chemistry Days 29 September – 2 October, 2016, Çanakkale, TURKEY
• Best Poster Award, Sevinc Kurbanoglu, Lourdes Rivas, Sibel A. Ozkan, Arben Merkoçi. Catechol determination using a novel electrochemical nanobiosensor. 3rd International Congress on Biosensors, 5-7 October 2016, Ankara.
• Best Poster Award, Mehmet Gumustas, Nadia Bounoua, Khaled Sekkoum, Nasser Belboukhari, Sibel A. Ozkan, Bezhan Chankvetadze. Bazı Antifungallerin Enantiyomerlerinin Kovalent Olarak İmmobilize Edilmiş Polisakkarit Temelli Kiral Seçiciler ve Polar Organik Hareketli Faz Kullanarak HPLC ile Ayrılması. 17. Chromatography Symposium, Chromatography 17, 20-22 September 2017, Corum.