Félix Carvalho, PharmD, PhD, ERT, is Full Professor of Toxicology at the Laboratory of Toxicology, Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Porto (FFUP).
Félix Carvalho is currently:
- President-Elect of EUROTOX (Association of European Toxicologists and European Societies of Toxicology);
- President of the Portuguese Society of Pharmacology;
- President of the Scientific Council of FFUP;
- Vice-Director of the Research Unit on Applied Molecular Biosciences (UCIBIO), Portugal;
- Member of the Member of the Medicines Evaluation Committee of INFARMED. The Portuguese Authority of Medicines and Health Products.
- Associate member/member of the Editorial Board of several Scientific Journals in the areas of Toxicology, Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
His main area of research is Toxicology, with special interests in mechanistic toxicology, drug safety and development of antidotes.
During the past 29 years, Félix Carvalho has published over 400 scientific articles / book chapters, and is co-editor of the books “Toxicologia Forense“ and "Toxicologia Fundamental.
Address and contacts:
Laboratory of Toxicology, Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Porto
Rua de Jorge Viterbo Ferreira nº 228, 4050-313 Porto, Portugal
Tel: +351 220428600